|| Can anyone recommend an FTP client that they are really happy with?
|| I've
|| been using CuteFTP 3PointSomething for years and today it dawned on
|| me that there must be a better way.
|
| I take it you're using windows... can't you just use explorer (file
| explorer not iexplore btw) and type ftp://ftp.server.com in the
| address bar? I think you can even drag and drop files that way.

That's like the worst solution... I am using CuteFTP Pro (never tried
non-pro), which is the best I have tried so far, but not perfect. I'm
waiting for FileZilla to catch up!

My dream ftp-client would have:
* norton commander keys/layout
* you'd be able to walk the tree in parallell in local/remote pane (you
click a directory on the remote server, and you'd enter the same locally)
* loads of fancy queue management features, priorities, throttling etc
* FXP
* loads of hotkeys
* fancy client/server synching
* support for other protocols (like http/samba)
* cut and paste a path to go to that dir (hate that you can't do that in
CuteFTP Pro)