> > Put this code in your application.cfm file. It will kill the session
> > variables when the user closes the browser:
> >
> > <!--- if the user closes their browser, make sure all sesion
> > variables get
> > killed --->
> > <cfif IsDefined("Cookie.CFID") AND IsDefined("Cookie.CFTOKEN")>
> >   <cfset cfid_local = Cookie.CFID>
> >   <cfset cftoken_local = Cookie.CFTOKEN>
> >   <cfcookie name="CFID" value="#cfid_local#">
> >   <cfcookie name="CFTOKEN" value="#cftoken_local#">
> > </cfif>
> I don't think this will do what we are hoping it will. It looks to
> me as if all it's doing is testing to see if the session is open,
> if it is it's reading the values from the cookies and then putting
> them back in there.....am I completely off the mark here??

The above code is overwriting the cookies that CF automatically creates,
which are persistent beyond the life of the browser instance, with cookies
that will be destroyed when the browser is closed. Thus, when a user closes
the browser, they destroy their link to the session variables on the server,
effectively ending their session.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496