Nevertheless, at least Dreamweaver supports Unicode: http://www.macromedia.com/support/homesite/ts/documents/unicode_issues.htm

- Calvin
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Peter Tilbrook
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 10:00 PM
  Subject: SOT: 20 meg updater for DWMX 2004

  Not happy Jan!

  Consider these points:

  1. Dreamweaver MX 2004 is not entirely a cheap product.

  2. You cannot obtain HomeSite+ without purchasing Studio MX or Dreamweaver
  MX.

  3. The "winard" you mention is only available on as a third-party extension
  on a "purchase to obtain" DRK.

  4. The extension in question broke my install of DWMX.

  5. MM have restored the little used "Timeline" feature so why not a decent
  SQL Builder tool like that provided in CFStudio/HS?

  When providing training for Centrelink (26,000 staff) I was embarassed to
  learn how lame DWMX's SQL tools were compared to HS (5.5) or even CF Studio
  5.

  If MM truly want us to move to DWMX, they are on a good start with the
  updater, but a really cool integrated SQL Builder would put the icing on the
  cake.

  In fact the training situation was interesting. Launch DWMX and use the
  "Login Form" template, copy the HTML code, back to HS and use that within
  the HS environment.

  I was asked by a canny trainee why. I was tempted to say just shut up and do
  it. Obviously HS doesn't have the "templates" but for everything else it
  does much more. The context sensitive help us far more useful (press the F1
  key (Windows) in a tag for detailed information) and the online help is far
  more useful for cutting and pasting. WTH MM did with this in DWMX 2004 is
  beyond me. And I was trying to cram 8 years of CF coding into 2 days of
  training.

  So after a brief rundown and introduction to DWMX it was interesting to say
  - bugger it - open up HS instead - I know it works!

  So MM. Build the tool ColdFusion Studio/HomeSite users (coders) can enjoy.
  Make the "developer view" actually be like that instead of a clever
  re-arrangement of the screen. Add a help system similar to CFS/HS for CFML
  (and other languages if demanded, ASP, PHP, etc).

  --
  Peter Tilbrook
  ColdFusion Applications Developer

  Telephone: +61-2-6284-2727