what if your webserver is not in the same domain as your users PC?
On the other end, your webserver needs full acces to the AD, correct?

Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Skinner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 11:52 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Grabbing username account from Windows login screen

First if all, it is very important that Anonymous access is UNCHECKED and Integrated Windows authentication is CHECKED in the Authentication Methods under Directory Security of any website (or directory or file) that one wants to get user information from.

<!--------------------------------------------------------
----- Logining in a user to our intranet -----
----------------------------------------------------------/>
<!--- Check Login  --->
<cflogin>
<cfinvoke
  component = "NTSecurity"
  method = "getUserGroups"
  domain = "#ListFirst(cgi.AUTH_USER,'\')#"
  userid = "#ListLast(cgi.AUTH_USER,'\')#"
  returnvariable = "GetUsers">

<cfloginuser
  name="#ListLast(cgi.AUTH_USER,'\')#"
  password="#cgi.AUTH_PASSWORD#"
  roles="#replace(GetUsers,' ','','ALL')#">
</cflogin>
<!------------------------------------------------------>

This gets the user information from cgi.Auth_User and uses it in the NTSecurity CFC from Macromedia to get their user groups from Active Directory.  We then provide different access and permissions to various sections of our intranet site based on these roles.

Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
     - Cynthia Dunning
  _____