At 12:46 PM 4/6/2004, you wrote:
>hey there.
>
>is there a parameter of a textarea that enables what maxlength does for
>input type elements?

When I need to do something like that, I just use a little JS function...
stick it in onKeyUp on the field in question. I don't have the code handy,
but essentially it says, if the length of the field is greater than
(whatever value you set), set the field to the leftmost (value) characters.
If people keep trying to type the last character they type keeps vanishing.