>>If people keep trying to type the last character they type keeps
vanishing.

>Just beware the wrath of that data entry person who types without
>looking and didn't realize the length limit had been hit long before
>they stopped typing  :)

hehe...that's why my little function also shows the number of characters remaining just below the textarea ;-)

Bryan Stevenson B.Comm.
VP & Director of E-Commerce Development
Electric Edge Systems Group Inc.
t. 250.920.8830
e. [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Macromedia Associate Partner
www.macromedia.com
Vancouver Island ColdFusion Users Group
Founder & Director
www.cfug-vancouverisland.com
  >If people keep trying to type the last character they type keeps
  vanishing.

  Just beware the wrath of that data entry person who types without
  looking and didn't realize the length limit had been hit long before
  they stopped typing  :)

  Ken