I tend to like Flash Remoting and I think it has been proven to be a bit
faster than consuming web services. And since the code in the CFC is the
same for flash remoting as it is for web service's you should be cool on
the CFMX side of things.

Flash works really nicely with CFMX and remoting is super fast. The net
connection debugger is a great tool for seeing what is going back and forth
to the server. I recommend Colin Moock's book  'Flash Remoting' the
definitive guide.

I just moved from CFMX programming only to actionscript 2.0 - it was a huge
shock to the system since I hadn't done much scripting before and did not
understand OOP. But after struggling for a while (especially with the scope
chain) I really like the way remoting and CFMX work together. Combine that
with databinding and dataholders, its pretty cool.

You should search the archives of the flash coders and/or flashnewbies
lists (http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/
  - maybe subscribe) to see if the answer to this has been covered. There
was also an article on MM specifically about when to use what technology
(remoting,web services, xml).

Brook