[Tom Kitta]

I agree with the memory leaks but not with the size of RAM limitation. There
is no problem with going past 4Gb on Windows server. For example you can
have SQL server use 8Gb. For how to do this see
http://www.sql-server-performance.com/
As far as I know same holds true for other server class OS. On non-server OS
4Gb is a limit, like on Windows XP Pro.

The OS must do a re-mapping trick to use memory past 4Gb on 32bit systems
and I think this is what Matt was referring to.

TK
http://www.tomkitta.com

Increasing the amount of RAM never fixes memory leaks. Further, unless
you are using a 64bit CPU and OS, then you can't make use of more than
4GB of RAM anyway. In fact, most 32bit operating systems won't allow
you to even use all 4GB.