> > We had similar problems that were resolved by reverting the
> > 6.1 database drivers to the 6.0+ version available at the
> > related TechNote
> > (http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/ts/documents/cfm
> > x61_sqlserver_cpu.htm).
> > Unfortunately, MM has removed the 6.0+ drivers in that
> > TechNote and replaced the download to point to the new
> > DataDirect 3.3 drivers. Perhaps you'll have luck with those,
> > but we continued to have problems, so we're still on the 6.0+
> > drivers.
>
>Out of curiosity, are you having the same problems with the 3.3 drivers
>that
>you were with the 3.2 drivers? What database server are you using?

No, it was a different problem. We started getting loads of this message in
our log files:

removeOnExceptions is true for XXX, closed the physical Connection

where "XXX" is the datasource name defined in the MX Administrator (MX for
J2EE for JRun on Solaris with Oracle 8i/9i). After a period of a few hours,
the JRun process would send the system load through the roof (95-99% CPU
usage) and the only way to stop it was by doing a kill -9 (jrun stop
servername would just time out).

>For our SQL Server clients, we've successfully deployed the MS JDBC drivers
>in some cases.

We're an Oracle shop (8i/9i), so I unfortunately can't test againt SQL
Server. All this being said, I haven't had much time to go back and do
research into what was causing my problems.

Regards,
Dave.