>In CFMX you never need to lock shared scopes just because they're shared
>scopes (this is a change from previous versions).  Now you only need to
>worry about race conditions.

Nice tidbit there, thanks. I heard Ben Forta's simplified version of this change awhile ago. The simplified version was "You don't have to lock shared variables in CF any longer!" I never bothered to find out in detail what had changed, and I assumed Ben's explanation was part technology change and part hype.