Welcome to my world, Mike! I am saddled with somewhat the same problem. I
managed to do some stunts with CF5 and make it work. Right now CFMX just
plain doesn't like the same code. I do have some time before I have to
change the code for CFMX. Anyway, have you seen anything with the Jintegra
Java-COM bridge supplied with CFMX? That's one way of manipulating
PowerPoint on the server.

Also, Sam Neff had a Breeze presentation about MS Office and CFMX on his
website. Just search the list archive for it.

George