From: Simon Horwith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 1:00 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: cfun

I wouldn't go that far.  I think that MAX is definitely well worth the
price tag.  It's true that you don't get as many CF-specific topics at
MAX, but that is a good or a bad thing depending on who you ask.
Personally, I learn a hell of a lot more at non CF-specific sessions, so
I like that.  I also don't believe CFUN is technically a "user group
conference", though I could well be wrong about that (it doesn't really
matter, does it?).  Last I heard, it's a TeraTech event that is
sponsored by several CFUGs/MMUGs and other companies (see the CFUN site
for a complete list of sponsors).  I do believe that if all you're
interested in is CF - you may well get more for your money at CFUN, but
there's no denying that the quality of sessions and speakers at MAX is
terrific.  Bottom line is that I hold them equal in terms of value for
money.  If you're on a tight budget or have no interest in anything but
CF then CFUN may well be the way to go.  If your interests vary, you are
interested in hearing more MM people speak (or in socializing with them
more), and/or you can afford it then I recommend MAX.  Personally, I
wouldn't miss either.

~Simon

Simon Horwith