Ray Champagne wrote:

> Anybody here really good with graphics?  We have a designer here who is
> having a lot of trouble creating text graphics (for navigation, say) that
> are not all fuzzy around the edges.  She swears that she has tried
> everything in Photoshop, filters, etc, but they still look like crap.  The
> way that she is doing them is just not going to fly with professional web
> sites.  So, my question is, does anybody have a surefire way to create
> crisp, non pixelated or fuzzy text graphics in Photoshop that they care to
> share with us?

Do you mean you want it to look like rendered HTML text? Tell her to use
an HTML-friendly font, lik arial, verdana, etc. Then make sure
Anti-Aliasing is set to NONE for that text layer. Also, it could just be
the font she's using. Some fonts don't render well at certain sizes.

Other than that, there shouldn't be too much else she has to do. The key
is to play with the anti-aliasing setting for that text layer. If you
want smooth, graphical text items, they will always be blurry to a
degree, as that's what anti-aliasing does to get rid of the jaggies.

What version of Photoshop? PS 7 and above seem to render text more
smoothly than older versions, as they do them vector-based.

HTH,

-Bret