The examples look par for the course as far as anti-aliasing goes with
that particular font. Thin-typed sans almost always come out that way.
Even more so when your drop shadow and color (blue/black) blend
together. try lightening the drop shadow, or change its color, adding
contrasting backgrounds (basic color theory here.), using a reverse
color/font technique or altering the actual font color itself to
something that doesn't bleed quite so much, increasing size and weight
work well too. Heck, personally I'd go for an entirely different font
all together. I can't see your mockup or layout result, so that's about
all there is to comment - massive whitespace can very much skew the eyes
interpretation of color. And remember, good typography is an art in
itself.

As a suggestion - not to be uber-trendy, or anything, but bitmap fonts
work well for nav elements, buttons, etc. due to their crisp legible
nature at small and medium sizes. But then, I guess drop-shadows are
kinda trendy too. go fig.

For example:
http://atomicmedia.net/singles.php
http://miniml.com/fonts/