On Jun 29, 2004, at 2:11 PM, Ben Forta wrote:

> Correct, CF runs on top of a J2EE server (whether integrated or not),
> and
>  that does not change. Gateways allow for all sorts of events (perhaps
> not
>  HTTP originated events) to trigger ColdFusion processing, and
> gateways allow
>  CF to return data to "clients" other than the web browser. The
> underlying
>  Java server is still needed. And sure, you could indeed have an app
> that
>  never interacted with a web server or browser, if you so needed.

Does this include Jetty's Servlet Container instead of a j2EE server?

Could the UI app be a Flash standalone app (or Rob Rohan's Neuromancer)
that communicates with CF via Flash remoting.

Of course, we could always use Blackstone's  <CFListen> tag  %^)>

Dick

"In times like these, it helps to recall that
there have always been times like these."
- Paul Harvey -