As long as your loops are not nested more than 3 levels deep.

If you are going more than 3 levels deep chances are it is
going to make the code much less maintainable and
understandable.

In almost *ANY* situation where you go more than three levels
deep you can break the code into more logical units that
are still just as effecient and still make a lot more sense.

Those are not really.. problems however just general
programming practices that apply in every language I
have ever worked with.

There are no real good books for datastructures and algorithms
aimed at CF programmers.

However, I have had little trouble writing my own sorting
routines using CF when effeciency is not as important.

If it becomes a really huge issue that is why
CFX's were made so you could extend CF
for things like complex sorting routines where
performance is key.

No doubt trying to implement something like Shellsort
or Quicksort is going to be no fun in pure CF but
you could do it in no time with C++.

YMMV, My .02 Cents

Jeremy Allen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]