Thanks all for the suggestions.  In my experience, my best candidates have
been those with whom I've been able to have good discussions with.  My
interviews are very informal.  As one suggestion noted, though someone might
not know what MVC stands for, if they can articulate work they've done that
results in a certain method, then they probably can produce good code.

On sourcing though, other than a site like Craigslist, what have been your
best sources for candidates?  Newspaper ads?  Monster.com?  Other job sites?
  Recruiters?