Phil,

> In FB 3 you had your switch file. In FB4 all I can tell is
> that I would use circuit.xml.cfm in the controller directory.
> Is that correct?

A circuit file goes in every "circuit" In MVC that would be any directory
underneath the M | V | C

For instance, Lets then say you had a shopping cart:

Model (root)
--Cart
--Catalog
--Checkout
--Administration
View (root)
--Cart
--Catalog
--Checkout
--Administration
Controller (root)
--Cart
--Catalog
--Checkout
--Administration

Each circuit, which is each directory in the lsit above, including the root
level directories would have a circuit.xml.cfm file.

> Do I have to use the MVC? Can I use the single file similar to FB 3?

You do not need to use MVC although it makes more a great organized
application. Again each circuit has a circuit.xml.cfm file which is where
the fuseactions get setup for that circuit and calls to other circuits.

> The lack of documentation is very sad and I don't want to buy
> a book just to find out it is as thorough as the FB site web site.

Agreed. However, it sounds like you would really benefit from the FB4 book
from techspedition. Check it out, tis worth the money and will have you up
in no time.

HTH,

Mike