From: Michael Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, 4 July 2004 11:58 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: beta fckeditor out

Thanks Kay,    it's amazing how frequently our paths cross on the net.

I've looked at XStandard one, and it uses an ACTIVEX control which means it
will fail to work when WinXPPro SP2 comes out in a few weeks, just like all
flash will fail.  All ActiveX controls will fail unless they are from
Microsoft, as I understand it,  or have I got the wrong idea with that?

And Massimo Foti's WYSIWYG at cfmentor.com is by far the most promising. It
runs as a coldfusion custom tag, (or cfmodule if you prefer) but it only
works on IE6+.   If you have mozilla users or netscape users you're stuffed.
And it would be good to be able to offer a choice of styles from the site's
style sheet instead of giving them the raw styling commands. Instead of
Bold, Underline, Italics etc, I'd like to have a drop down that lets me use
the styles as in the style sheet (i.e. "headline", "byline", "story body",
"story teaser" etc)    But within those limitations, I guess it qualifies
Kay, so I have to change my statement to "I have a list of one".

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia

AFP Webworks