I really don't think so, because the system is stable,  fairly new and the
ram is 3 Kingston 1 gig sticks. I think bad RAM would manifest itself in
problems with other programs and the OS. I was thinking that it might be a
problem with fragmentation of the paging file. Dave Watts recommenced a
utility from sysinternals.com, pageDefrag, that will defrag the page file
on reboot, but I tried it on my dev server and it took for ever to reboot.
Since we only have once webserver I have held off doing it. If anybody out
there things its really worth while, I'll schedule some downtime with my
users - what do you think?

I just checked the task manager and jrun is at 700 megs. Through a product
called remoteltyanywhere, jrun shows this ram usage:

Handle count: 2220
Threads: 56
Page fault count: 1116122
Peak working set size: 735,196.00 KB
Working set size: 709,952.00 KB
Peak page file usage: 731,128.00 KB
Page file usage: 705,312.00 KB
Total memory usage: 1,415,264.00 KB

Is this normal?

Some other info about our server/site and memory usage:

Minimum JVM Heap Size (MB): 512
Maximum JVM Heap Size (MB): 1024
MaxPermSize = 512m

I have cached queries at a max of 200.
Template cache at 2024 (likely using most of that - we have lots of cfm
files, lots of user generated cfm files..)
I store about 10 CFC's in the application scope and a fair bit (I don't
know how to quantify it?) of other textual data in the application scope.
Our site uses client vars, but I have not noticed any problems with that.
We use a couple of CFX tags - I guess its possible that these are eating
memory and eventually causing a crash, but how do you test this when there
is nothing in the logs...

We also use a couple of COM objects and I am suspect of one of them that
runs after a user sends an email campaign. Its the boogiepop COM object if
anyone is familiar with it, used to parse returned  mail and determin the
bounce type. But again, I have no solid evidence to point the finger at it.

Cameron, do you think I think should increase the MaxPermSize ?

Brook