Hi Michael,

Less whitespace is always a good thing, but it's not really a big
issue for search engines. The "code to content" ratio (ie, efficiency
of html) is more of an issue, as is getting the relevant keyword-rich
content as close to the top of the page as possible. I guess what I'm
trying to say is that good, valid, fat-free html is far, far more
useful for improving search engine rankings than removing whitespace
ever will be.

--
Kay Smoljak
http://kay.smoljak.com