I can't help you with the first two, but if you're only running MYISAM
tables (the default) in MySQL, then you can just copy the data and
configuration files from machine to machine.  You'll have to install
MySQL on the new machine first, of course.

If you're running other table types (such as InnoDB), I believe you
have to dump them to SQL files (mysqldump will do the deed), and then
run the file on the new server.  You can still drag the MyISAM tables
(such as for the 'mysql' database).  I know the InnoDB tablespace is
portable across machines, but I've never tried to move it, so I can't
offer advice.  Dumping the SQL and reinserting isn't much of a pain
unless your databases are huge.

cheers,
barneyb

--