From: Bert Dawson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 9:24 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Server Rebuild Questions

1. I've got a feeling that one version of the installer assumed
your temp directory was c:\Temp, and install fails if you've moved it to
d:\temp or something, so you might want to check that.

2. If the dev server is running then try doing a DTS transfer -
open enterprise manager, right click on "databases" and choose "import".
Otherwise i'd go for restoring from backups - you might be able
to reattach the data files, but its not something i've ever tried.
Similar lack of experiance with migrating accounts and stuff  -sorry.

HTH
Bert

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:25:22 -0400, Burns, John D
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Our main dev server went nuts yesterday and I've been tasked
to rebuild
> it. I'm trying to build another server just like the original
as fast as
> possible so all of our developers aren't dead in the water
without the
> dev server.  I've run into a few questions/problems that I'd
like to see
> if the list can help with.
>
> 1. Where can I download a 6.1 installer so I can install
straight to 6.1
> without installing from the CD first and then upgrading?  I
tried
> downloading the one on the 6.1 upgrade page but when I try to
run it it
> says "Please extract the installer to a different directory"
and I've
> tried moving it to all kinds of directories with no luck, so
I'm
> guessing that the installer wants to be extracted to the
directory where
> CFMX 6.0 already exists?  This is a brand new Dell with
Windows 2003
> Server (I already know the gotchas for installing 6.1 on
Win2k3 with