> I'd already built a standard CF app that took XML files and imported
> them into Oracle Applications via the database. The event gateway has
> allowed me to receive XML messages asynchronously and use the same
> code to process them as I was already using for the XML files. JMS is
> much more reliable than shuffling files around and lets me process
> data in real time instead of using a scheduled task to poll the FTP
> server for new data files...

What about the event gateway allowed you to do this exactly? I can receive
XML message asynchronously now. I can imagine that the event gateway allows
you to do this more elegantly than current solutions. However, the only
missing piece currently is Java invocation of CFCs. It almost seems like
Macromedia went to far since the event gateway likely constrains people
where as Java invocation of CFCs does not.

-Matt