Hi Tony,

First, Matt Liotta does not represent nor speak for New Atlanta. If you have
a problem with New Atlanta or BlueDragon, you should contact me; if you have
a problem with Matt you should take it up with him and leave New Atlanta and
BlueDragon out of it.

Second, based on the information that's available publicly so far, there's
nothing to technically prevent us from implementing an event gateway in
BlueDragon, if we choose to do so. Indeed, we've already got a working
prototype of a CFMESSAGE tag that gives you access to JMS (on Java) and
Message Queuing (on .NET) that will likely be delivered in BlueDragon 6.2
later this year, well before the Blackstone release. (The CFMESSAGE tag is
something we were working on before we ever heard of the Blackstone event
gateway).

Regarding the other new Blackstone features, we already have a working
prototype of the CFDOCUMENT tag--we're just waiting for the final
documentation to be published by Macromedia--and have a strategy in place to
support the new reporting features. From what we've seen so far,
implementing most of the Blackstone features in BlueDragon will be fairly
trivial (nothing at all on the scale of implementing CFCs or Web Services,
for example).

Now that we also have the BlueDragon "infrastructure" in place (on both Java
and .NET), adding new features can be done fairly rapidly.

Regards,

Vince Bonfanti
New Atlanta Communications, LLC
http://www.newatlanta.com

P.S. Thanks for your feedback on the installer issues you had with the
BlueDragon.NET Technology Preview release. Based on your comments, we've
fixed the issues with overwriting the ".cfm" extension mappings in IIS;
these fixes will be in the BD.NET public beta to be released in a few weeks.

P.P.S. I believe it was Picasso who said, "All artists borrow, great artists
steal."