On Sep 9, 2004, at 8:10 PM, Adrocknaphobia wrote:

> > Big omission is a robust db -- but there are several open-source
>  > options.
>
>  I think Oracle has got a pretty robust db for linux.

You are right -- I was thinking more about the freebe versions of Jet &
SQL-Server available with winXP

You can purchase Oracle, Syabase  for OS X & also available are
PointBase, OpenBase, MySQL, Cloudscape, Postgge, etc.

Just, nothing comes pre-installed (except MySQL with the Server version
of OS X).

How does running OS X on Intel strike you?

Dick