the description field is on a separate table. the problem is that field
type which is only char type not ntext/memo which would make it easier
to order them properly.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 9/20/2004 9:29:33 AM >>>
With a one-to-many relationship like this, you might want courseID and
courseDescription to be in seperate tables. You could then join ID and
Description to bring back a list of descriptions, grouping the
descriptions together to make it look like one description. Your
Description table would probably have to have some type of ordering
value in it though so you'd know how to construct the descriptions in
the correct order.