I use 2Checkout to sell software. The admin interface is ugly but generally
it's satisfactory and the setup costs are negligible.

  _____

From: Ian Skinner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 13 October 2004 7:45 a.m.
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: SOT: Connecting to PayPal

On a slight tangent to this topic:

I just started the initial steps to use PayPal to process credit cards for
subscription to our outdoor recreation maps.  I was asked if there where
other economical options to allow credit card payments for immediate
subscription to a website.  When I last looked at this a year ago,
everything I found seemed to require "merchant" accounts and involved
expensive ($1000+) setup fees and/or bad transaction retainers when used to
subscribe to a website versus selling a tangible product.

Can anybody here recommend other reliable and affordable credit card
processors that are not expensive to set up?  With this recent news I would
be much more comfortable if we had an alternate to PayPal.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
www.SierraOutdoorRecreation.com

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.
  _____