> Can anybody here recommend other reliable and affordable credit card
> processors that are not expensive to set up?  With this recent news I
would
> be much more comfortable if we had an alternate to PayPal.

I'm also looking at e-commerce subscription services for my own business.
One reason I don't want PayPal is that, unlike product sales, the visitor
has to first have a PayPal account to start a subscription. Plus it's less
professional, blah, blah, blah.

What's been recommended to me both for rates and tech support is
www.practicepaysolutions.com. I've worked with them before on behalf of
clients and was impressed. I have to say that getting their sales people to
call back timely is something of a challenge.