From: Damien McKenna [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 12:29 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: GODaddy SSL certs

  Tim Laureska wrote:

  >Has anybody had experience with these... any issues... cost looks good

  There are loads of companies out there that do low-cost SSL certs,
  including one that does them for free!  What you have to be concerned
  about, however, is whether the Certificate Authority (the organization
  that tells the world your cert is legit) is supported by your visitor's
  browser - many aren't thus your visitors get a security warning.  What I
  recommend doing is checking to see what your browser stats are and test
  each one on the different certs you are considering - if they work,
  good, if not then avoid them.  Note that there is no security difference
  between an expensive one versus a cheap one, the difference is the
  perception for your visitors - if they get a weird popup they might get
  scared off.
  --
  *Damien McKenna* - Web Developer - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>