We've had something similar when trying to run SQL Server and CF5 on the same box.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Scott Brady
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 11:40 AM
  Subject: Re: CPU Utilization on CF5

  On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:56:29 +0100, Michael Traher  wrote:
  > disable the <CFERROR tags so that errors are handled in default manner
  >  and then have a very close look at your error templates.

  Actually, when I'm looking for a  way to "fix it" I specifically mean
  to stop CFserver from utilizing 99% CPU on the server. That's putting
  a big delay in e-mails going out, and our app is heavily e-mail
  dependent.

  I'm going to restart the box this evening to see if that helps, but
  I'm not optimistic about that.  Just restarting the service has not
  helped.

  Scott