Hi folks!  I need your input on a task I've got to create that sends out a
notification to everyone on our mailing list once daily.  However, our list
is quite large, so I don't want to send it at the same time every day as
that's too much mail to go out at once.  What I would like to do is develop
a routine that would send these notifications out throughout the day for all
subscribed members of the list.  It must take into account that the list is
dynamic and changing throughout the day.

I've had a couple of ideas, but ruled them out for various reasons.  One
idea I already had was to use the time the person was 'added' to the list
and send them the notification message at that same time every day.  Since
our subscriptions are spread throughout the 24 hour period, that would
balance it out somewhat.  However, two problems with that are 1.  Most
subscriptions come during the day, so it wouldn't be properly balanced.  2.
My task would have to run literally every minute, or every 5 minutes or so
and look for the people who had subscribed within that time period and send
them the notification.  My fear is that if the time on the server gets off
or gets changed, some people would be missed.

My ideal situation would be a good balanced send over a 24 hour period.

Anyway, I'm open to new and creative ideas.  I'm sure someone has had to do
something like this before, so hopefully I will get some great suggestions!

Thanks!!!

Sincerely,

Dave Phillips
BizBreeze.com