If you've got an integer primary key for the subscribers, use a MOD 24
selection routine to pick the subscribers to notify each hour.  So a
midnight, you notify everyone with PK MOD 24 = 0.  At 1:00 am, you
notify everyone with PK MOD 24 = 1.

It won't be perfectly even, but the odds of clustering around a the
number 24 are pretty slim since the keys are either randomly or
sequentially assigned.

cheers,
barneyb

--
Barney Boisvert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I currently have 0 GMail invites for the taking