Hi.

We are basically looking for a more robust platform on which to run
CF. We have a site with about 500,000 page view per day and every now
and again the CF server service will die and the only way we have
found to get it running again is to kill the CF server threads (using
the kill command) and then start it again, trying to stop the server
doesn't work. Some else suggested to a college that using CF on the
J2EE platform might help make it more robust, but we have zero
experience of the J2EE platform and we where using looking for a basic
intro into work it is, does and whether or not it might help.

I understand the Apache is not a J2EE server, but I was wondering if
the J2EE server replaces the web server (like Apache) or if you still
use a web server as well.

The server is Dual Xeon 2Ghz with 4Gb RAM and 80Gb IDE Hard Drive. The
average load on the machine never gets to high, but the CF server just
appears to full over sometimes. We are using CFMX6.1 + Updater, which
has improved the stability slightly. Any ideas?

Andrew