Burns, John D wrote:
> Continuing down this line of questioning, what kind of numbers are you
> all experiencing when you're having to split to separate servers, go to
> multiple machines, etc?

It isn't so much about having to split, but wanting to split. I
don't want to run a database server on the server that also runs
the application server and the webserver:
- I like the security of an extra layer in front of my database
- I want issues to be isolated in one tier, instead of being on a
machine that does many things that influence eachother
- I want to properly dimension hardware for each tier, without
having to oversize it because it has to be good at everything

Jochem