My two cents worth.

Better Linux support.  It's nice that CFMX can run on Red Hat, but Red Hat is
too bloated (IMO) for server use (not talking about the enterprise RH - which
most of us don't use and I have no experience with).  There are better
distros for servers - Gentoo, BSD, etc.  Getting CFMX running on them is NOT
a simple task.  Even just a document that lists what dependencies are
required - just where does the installer expect to find the JRE, etc - so we
can create the necessary symlinks, and/or install the needed packages.

(Disclaimer:  It's been about a year since I tried to get CFMX running on a
Gentoo server with no luck.  Things might have changed since then...)

Linux support across the board would be great.  In the past year or so, I've
switched exclusively to a Linux desktop (due to a number of issues with
windows) - so much for getting Dreamweaver running.  Unless I want to use
Wine (which causes performance issues on my system), or a virtual environment
like VMWare - which defeats the purpose.  There is a demand for a *nix
equivalent app like Dreamweaver - and it doesn't even need to be open source.
If Macromedia doesn't supply it, an open source project will, and then
Macromedia will loose the momentum on Linux.

My thoughts....

Shawn