On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 01:58:46 -0700, Shawn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My two cents worth.
>
> Better Linux support.  It's nice that CFMX can run on Red Hat, but Red Hat is
> too bloated (IMO) for server use (not talking about the enterprise RH - which
> most of us don't use and I have no experience with).  There are better
> distros for servers - Gentoo, BSD, etc.  Getting CFMX running on them is NOT
> a simple task.  Even just a document that lists what dependencies are
> required - just where does the installer expect to find the JRE, etc - so we
> can create the necessary symlinks, and/or install the needed packages.

I agree and throw in the Mac too. I got BlueDragon to work with
linux/apache on Debain by following their instructions on how to
install on a non-red hat box - mostly just making some symlinks. MX
could do the same. And the stand alone server install on Mac was an
installer - double click server - nice

http://www.cfeclipse.org if you havent heard...

--
~Blog~