> I see your situation. This isn't really a "feature for the masses"
> like Flash Forms so much as it's a huge convenience (and potentially
> big source of new revenue for Macromedia) for pure J2EE shops who have
> been hesitant in the past. At the very least, hopefully you have a
> better understanding of what the feature is and how it works and can
> make a more informed decision down the road for new projects.

Yep, it makes a lot of sense, particularly from Macromedia's perspective.
>From our perspective, we rarely encounter IT departments who are capable of
installing and administering J2EE servers.

We have one application that we deploy as an EAR file. However, we don't
just give the client the EAR file and an installation guide. We give them
server specs. Then, someone shows up at their place, installs the J2EE
server (SAP J2EE), and installs the app.

That the product runs on J2EE or takes the form of an EAR file is
incidental. They buy it because it's NetWeaver certified and integrates with
SAP Portal.

At least, that's the way I understand it. I don't sell, market or install
the product. In fact, our company itself doesn't do that. We just built it.
:)

Ben Rogers
http://www.c4.net
v.508.240.0051