I believe the DevNet version of CF license required that each developer who
used it also had a DevNet license. Am I remembering correctly?

- Calvin

-----Original Message-----
From: Cutter (CF related) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 8:43 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFMX7 and DevNet

This has been asked once before without answer.

Even though no more DevNet subscriptions are being sold there are still
many of us with active subscriptions. Some people have almost a year
left on their subscriptions since they purchased just prior to it's demise.

One advantage to these subscriptions were updates and upgrades to
various packages from MM's stable of applications, including a full
working version of CFMX EE. This was not a trial or "developer" edition,
it was a fully unencumbered edition of the server, complete with Serial
No. This was not for use in a production environment (and restricted by
license, of course), but was perfect for a multi-developer environment
because it did not have the single IP restriction (two IP's plus
localhost is nice, but not always enough). When the server renders the
page it includes a nice little META tag in the code stating that the
server is a DevNet edition and not for production use (which I think
caused problems with my CFC webservices testing [especially for Flash
integration], but that's another story).

Now, I went to my vendor/reseller yesterday and had them pose the
question to their contact at Macromedia. Generally using these channels
will garner answers we may not typically receive on this list or by
calling support. After several conversations, a lot of run around, and
her contact having to speak to others at MM to try and receive a
straight answer, my contact has come back stating that MM's position is
that the trial download (or developer edition) is available for general
download already and that is what we get.

Does this seem correct to anyone else out there? I purchased a devnet
subscription with certain expectations as to what I would receive for
that investment. My subscription is still active (as are many other
people's), and I would expect for that subscription to be fulfilled
throughout the period of the subscription, regardless of the fact the MM
is no longer selling subscriptions. Does anyone out there agree with me
on this? Could someone from MM maybe pipe in here with an official position?

Is there anybody out there listening?

Cutter