> I'm considering building my own CF-Based Backup
> system to allow my clients to backup their data
> to my server...via CFFTP, I guess...at this point.

Personally I think you would be better off using a true FTP server on your
end for receiving the files.  Using CFFTP means your server will need to go
out to an FTP server on the CLIENT side to get the backup files.  That
introduces a whole new set of problems with corporate firewalls, NAT
routing, or whatever the client has in place.  If you stick with scheduled
client software on their end it will save you a lot of trouble.

As for e-mailing results, you can have a process that runs every X minutes
and checks for changes to their directory that would trigger an e-mail alert
of some kind.

Justin D. Scott
Vice President
Sceiron Interactive, Inc.