From: Justin D. Scott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 11:27 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Comparing Remote & Local Documents for Incremental
Back-ups?

> ...I guess the client would have to use third-party
> software to accomplish the FTP transfer, right?
> Unless MS is starting to include that capability
> in XP...?

There is a command line FTP utility in 2000 and XP that you can direct
commands to using an input redirector and a text file.  With a batch file
and Windows scheduler you can automate the FTP transfers.

Generating the list of files to be uploaded would be the hairy part, but
someone good at batch programming could probably whip up a routine to build
the file list and modify it in a way that the FTP client can use.  If you
were to give the client something like FTP Voyager you may be able to script
that in some way as well.  I know there are scriptable FTP clients out
there.

Justin D. Scott
Vice President
Sceiron Interactive, Inc.