> >From what I've seen Plum is basically a code generator.  There's not
> much of a framework to it.  I diddled with it for a little while, and
> the 'framework' is more a set of custom tags that make it easier to
> build forms, do validation, master/detail pages, etc.  Maybe I'm
> missing something, but that's what I got out of it.

You're missing 90% of Plum, Joe.

Plum is a *very* extensive product, and has about 400 pages of documentation
that accompany it.  The custom tag library is but a small part of Plum.  The
Plum Framework does quite a lot, I assure you.

Read the documentation in detail (if you have the time) and you'll see what
I mean.  Code generation and custom tags are just a small part of Plum.

There is a lot to Plum, yes, but there is also a lot to the .NET Framework
and J2EE, and you'd need to learn what each of these can really do in order
to make accurate assessments about them.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Member of Team Macromedia
http://www.ProductivityEnhancement.com

Download Plum and other cool development tools,
and get advanced intensive Master-level training:

* C# & ASP.NET for ColdFusion Developers
* ColdFusion MX Master Class
* Advanced Development with CFMX and SQL Server 2000