> When I introspect CFC's I don't use an IDE to introspect
> them because my CFC's aren't designed in such a way that
> introspection via DW, etc. would really be very helpful.

Can you elaborate on this? The information that Dreamweaver lets you look at
is the same you'd get if you browsed the CFC directly; you can see public
methods and declared public properties. Why isn't that helpful? What other
kind of information are you talking about?

> Saying that the Search feature is one of the big selling
> points for me probably sounds a little silly.

Not at all. Dreamweaver's Find & Replace functionality is very good.

> And I still desperately want a checkbox in the preferences
> which allows me to _completely_ disable the design view,
> which MM seems to be _completely_ disinterested in offering
> me. DW is so closely tied to the design view that I find it
> frequently open in spite of never opening it myself -- I
> think just switching between working templates frequently
> activates "split" mode. (So I take it back, this is my big
> complaint -- the previous is my big wish.)

I never have this problem. If you configure Dreamweaver to use the "Coder"
workspace, you shouldn't have this problem.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/