I've got a project right now where we're taking scanned documents and
running it through an OCR program. The documents also have keywords
attached to them.  The keyword types (ie. location_state,
meeting_date, meeting_type) are different depending on the document
type (ie. contract, meeting minutes, invoice).

I need to make an interface that will both search keywords and full
text searches on the documents.  Both will be done exclusively, not at
the same time.  The full text search doesn't seem to be a problem with
the verity engine.  The keyword search bugs me.  I could make a table
for each document type, but that doesn't seem very "clean".  Is there
a way to use these keywords in verity?

Also, if one of the keywords is a date, can verity do searches like
"date < 1/1/2005"?

--
G-mail must not realize I'm and anti-social nerd, it keeps telling me
to "Invite 50 friends to Gmail"