I was afraid it would come to that, pretty unfortunate.

- Calvin

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 2:38 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Upgrading and datasources

> Has anyone performed an upgrade to CFMX 7 from CF 5 and had
> issues with the datasources not working properly?
>
> CFMX7 doesn't seem to translate port numbers for SQL Server
> properly (especially if they are set to dynamically determine
> in the ODBC console) and none of the passwords seem to work!

In my experience, you typically have to reconfigure SQL Server datasources
when upgrading CF 5 to CFMX. There are several differences between CFMX and
previous versions when it comes to SQL Server. If you use the SQL Server
JDBC driver, you can't use anything other than TCP/IP to connect, and you
can't use Windows authentication within SQL Server - you need to use native
SQL logins ("untrusted connections"). If you need to use other network
protocols or Windows authentication, you will need to use an ODBC datasource
instead, and choose "ODBC Socket" within the CF Administrator.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/