Mike, have you verified that .cfm files can indeed be parsed by JRun? i.e.
in IIS is the .cfm extension mapped to the correct .dll/.exe

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 23 February 2005 13:05
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CF7 won't run under IIS, wont install - business almost shut down
for 2 days now.

This is very disappointing for me - I had high expectations that the
Macromedia install people would have learned from the fiasco
surrounding the CFMX6.0 install routines.  No such luck.    There is
no documentation anywhere telling us what to do if the installation
doesn't go perfectly.   And nowhere does it say that CFMX7 wont work
with IIS5.1, the currently installed IIS with WinXPPro.

So far it's cost me a lot of hours and i have NO working CFMX on my
dev machines.   Here's the saga so far ....

[A] downloaded the trial version.
[B] didnt extract properly (thanks Kay for the heads-up on that!)
[C} downloaded another copy, tested it with WinZIP and it worked ok.
[D] installed it into my Dev PC and let it take all the defaults.
[E] it didnt work.    All .cfm files would try to open in dreamweaver
or download, not execute.
[F]  Tried the web site configuration tool - it couldn'lt recognise
any jrun and I couldn'lt get it to give me an OK button so i could
configure any sites.   In the services tool of WinXPPRo it showed that
IIS, and JRUN are both running.
[G] After mucking about with it for an hour, I decided to uninstall it
and try again.
[H] uninstalling CFMX7 removed my CFMX6.1 CFIDE folder, so my CFMX,
working, administrator was broken.
[I] I reinstalled CFMX7, and no change - still didnt work.   I decided
that despite all the claims to the contrary, it didnt like being on a
windowsXPPro PC with CFMX6.1
[J]  I uninstalled all versions of CFMX and reinstalled CFMX7.
[K]  No change to the situation in F, except now i didnt have CFMX6.1
either.  Now none of my dev sites work and the only way to do work is
to edit in dreamweaver, and upload to the production and test there.
BAD!!
[L] On the advice from a helpful CF-Talk-er, I ran the batch files to
connect to JRUN and IIS, but while they both ran without giving
errors,  it made no difference.
[M] on another suggestion of a helpful CF-Talk-er, I Uninstalled it
yet again, rebooted a couple of times, to ensure no trace of CFMX7
remained, then disconnected from ASDL, turned off anti-virus and
firewall, and ran the install again.  Nothing different.  Still IIS is
working, ColdFusion isnt.

If anyone has any better ideas, I'm at a loss as to what to try next.
I've got my back against the wall now, because the only way I can work
on any sites is to work directly on the live or the client-viewable
staging sites.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month