Well 99% of the time you do not have to do this manually. However
there are numerous reasons why CF wouldnt be able to perform this
automatically. Usually involving how you setup IIS and system
privelages. As a professional hosting company, it may we worth
learning the ins and outs of the servers you must manage.

Located the wsconfig directory. Usually at <cf-root>/runtime/lib/wsconfig

There you should see numbered directories. You want to map a numbered
directory to IIS and name the virtual mapping 'JRunScripts'. This
directory holds the jrun.dll that you want to associated with cfm
templates.

Under Application Settings - Configuration in IIS, you should be able
to add entries for file extension and link them to the jrun.dll.

Under ISAPI Filters you want to add the Filter Name of JRun Connector
Filter and link it to the same jrun.dll.

-Adam