From: James Holmes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: vrijdag 25 februari 2005 17:03
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CFMX Development Speed

Here is the exact wording of various parts of the September 2002 paper,
"Application Development Skill and Technology Trends":

"Gartner's analysis indicates that the use of JavaScript and VBScript
will
grow by 2 percent to 3 percent a year through 2006. During the same
period,
the use of Perl will be declining by the same 2 percent to 3 percent;
and
the use of ColdFusion will decline 10 percent a year.

The growth of client-side scripts (i.e., JavaScript and VBScript)
relates to
the fact that de facto standard technologies - Java or Microsoft -
cannot
offer a competing technology for graphical user interface (GUI)
development.
On the server side, both Java and Microsoft are offering powerful JSP
and
ASP technologies. The latter will cause a decline in the current
popularity
of Perl and ColdFusion."

"As a final word, Gartner offers IT executives and managers the
following
recommendations:
Align AD technology and tool strategy with Microsoft or Java - or both.
The
rest have become niche areas."