> As an aside, there are *plenty* of ways to scan for open SQL
> Sever ports on your network to find those MSDE installs,  so
> I'll maintain that anyone with an unsecured SQL Server of any
> type is, in fact, and idiot.

That's all well and good, but many people using products which include MSDE
aren't network administrators, and don't know about port scanning or any
other things that network administrators might know about, and they
shouldn't have to know those things. Not knowing things like this doesn't
make one "and idiot".

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/