Another thing you can do with Dreamweaver is put your Panel Groups on the
second monitor allowing more room for your pages.

- Calvin

-----Original Message-----
From: John Paul Ashenfelter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 5:19 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Homesite 5.5 vs. Dual Monitors

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:36:27 -0800, Barney Boisvert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> DW will let you, but only as part of the same app window.  So if you
> maximize DW across both monitors, then you'll be able to view a file
> on each window.  When I want to do this, I usually just use TextPad
> for the second monitor, because I'm usually using the second file for
> reference, not actual editing, so the lack of the extras isn't much of
> a burden.
>
> cheers,
> barneyb

I'm doing something similar -- one monitor for DW and the other one
for the database (MS Query Analyzer, a mysql client) or browser
(Firefox, docs, etc), depending on what I'm doing. Or you can always
put your email/RSS/etc on the other monitor to really kill your
productivity :)

This is also an especially cool trick if you have a high-end video
card in your laptop and you can span the desktop across an external
monitor and the laptop LCD -- laptops with Radeon 9x00 cards for
example (Sager, the Dell XPS, maybe some of the inspirons?)

--
John Paul Ashenfelter
CTO/Transitionpoint